When it comes to walking a dog there is no one as experienced as us here at Walkies. We love dogs and we love what we do, it is because of this that we aim to provide a high level of service, making sure both our clients and their dogs are completely happy.
We take into account the age, breed and temperament of your dog and, if you wish, can provide socialisation programs for your pet. With Walkies you have the reassurance of a reliable, trustworthy service which includes much more than just walking a dog.
How We Work
When your dog is collected from your home, I will take out into a safe environment, like a park or beach and will either be walked on or off the lead (usually off unless otherwise stated).
The dog will be walked by myself with a small group of other dogs for an hour – smaller walks are available for the younger or elderly generation. During the walk small treats and throwing of a ball will be offered to promote exercise.
After the walk is over I will safely return your dog home ensuring there is enough water to last your dog until you return home yourself. I will also ensure that your house is locked and secure before my departure.
- Walks and times are flexible.
- Your dog may be kept on the lead for the first couple of walks.
- All dog waste is disposed of by myself.
Dog Walking and The Law
The Dog Control Orders are abided by when I take your dog out. These Orders require dog owners/walkers to:
- Clean up after a dog has fouled
- Keep dogs on a lead in designated areas
- When asked to do so, put and keep a dog on a lead
- Refrain from exercising dogs in designated areas
- Not exercise more than four dogs in designated areas
- All dogs must wear a collar and identity tag in a public place. The tag must show the owner’s name and address.
Peace of Mind
I am fully insured as a dog walker and pet sitter. References are available upon request.